I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
- Data & Insight
The Data Architect is part of the Betsson Architecture Team and is responsible for all areas related to Data solutions and requirements in Betsson. You will provide technical solutions to business requirements and continually enhance the Data platform. The Data Architect will as well provide governance and direction around solution implementation working closely with the technical teams. Moreover, you will be a communication link between the data team and other parts of Betsson and will look at improving synergies to increase value between our platform application layer “Techsson” and the Data platforms.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the complete lifecycle of the Data platform – including requirement analysis, platform selection, design of technical architecture, design of application design and development, testing, and deployment of proposed solutions
- Define, document, govern and maintain the integrity of the overall data domain
- Design, develop and maintain a data platform using a mix of open source and proprietary software & technologies (where applicable and necessary)
- Benchmark systems, analyse system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Review existing and suggest new technologies, and clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Document the use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution
- Review and lead performance tuning activities of the system
- During high/critical incidents related to the data platform the Data Architect is expected to assist in any capacity and drive incident resolution as soon as possible
- Will form part of the larger Betsson Architecture team, and therefore participate in workshops/exercises/brainstorming/knowledge-transfer sessions with the rest of the architecture team
- Give regular updates to the architecture team on state/progress/technologies on various data initiatives
- Mentor, guide, and be a technology leader to other more junior team members
- 5+ years of experience in software development and/data management
- 2+ years experience leading an agile development team
- Must have excellent communication skills, to express ideas to both technical and business users and able to resolve conflicts
- Have a clear understanding of how to balance technical and business requirements/priorities
- In possession of a valid university degree in computer science or related field
- Experience using the following technologies Kafka, Spark (ML and Streaming), Hive, NiFi and ElasticSearch is a strong plus
- Experience in both on-premise and cloud hosted data solutions
- A strong team player who offers help and regularly shares knowledge with your colleagues
- Able to understand business initiatives to be able to drive pre-design work and outline high level solutions
What we offer
We offer a fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.