I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
Head of Data Privacy
We are looking for a senior lawyer with broad understanding and experience in data privacy to take on the role of Head of Data Privacy, designed to drive the Group in achieving full data protection compliance in the various areas of the business.
As our Head of Data Privacy you will be providing input and advice to the Group risk management programme, including determining an appropriate risk appetite for the organisation in relation to compliance with relevant law. You will develop and maintain effective data privacy compliance and security policies, procedures and advice to the Group on the same and advise the business on wider legal matters as may be required. You will ensure that all the Group’s business arrangements are compliant, which shall include advising the legal team on data processing arrangements. You will also establish a work process for requests from authorities, customers and other relevant individuals in relation to data privacy, and overseeing/conducting the satisfaction of the same.
The Head of Data Privacy is based in Malta within the Legal and Compliance Department but will include close collaboration with the other parts of the business, namely the security and commercial teams. You will report to General Counsel and provide constant support to the Data Protection Officer.
You're good at:
- Data protection! You have experience of operational data protection and data management as well as providing legal advice on general commercial matters in a large and complex organisation.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to capture and analyse organisation processes and workflows and provide pragmatic advice accordingly. You'll also have strong communication skills and great planning and prioritisation skills.
- English – we would expect you to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You have obtained a university degree in law at least five years ago.
- Experience in the gaming/IT industry and background knowledge in technical/security matters.
- Knowledge of other languages could be considered an asset.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.