I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
Head of Compliance
We are looking for a brilliant legal mind to join our Legal and Compliance team at Betsson Group. We are looking for our Head of Compliance which will direct and lead Betsson’s compliance department.
This department is charged with the responsibility of managing all new licence applications and ensuring that business conducts activities in a way which is compliant with all relevant license requirements. This includes acting as a liaison between the business and relevant regulators. Compliance personnel are responsible to implement and manage policies, procedures and guidelines for the rest of the business.
The Head of Compliance will be in charge of identifying the synergies among the various compliance specialists and propose better ways of working, namely in order to ensure a streamlined approach to compliance across the business. The chosen candidate will also be expected to follow internal business developments and understand company strategy. As the representative of the department with the rest of the business, the chosen candidate must have an overall understanding of the tasks being handled by the team members in order to guide both the business and the team accordingly. The Head of Compliance will also be responsible to lead and facilitate the various risk assessments which must be conducted by the company as well as advise General Counsel on identified risks in relevant areas.
You will be based in Malta and you will report to General Counsel Betsson Operations. You must also be available for travel abroad (within Europe) from time to time. As part of the management team of the General Counsel, the Head of Compliance will be expected to work closely with fellow team members, namely the Head of Legal Affairs, the Head of Regulatory Affairs and the Head of Data Privacy.
You will be mainly responsible for:
- Overseeing the implementation and management of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Assisting compliance specialists in country-specific tasks as required;
- Having a clear understanding of the day-to-day work of the compliance team to be able to identify any possible gaps or risks which need to be addressed, and then address the same using a standardised approach across the team/business;
- Leading and overseeing compliance risk management and ensuring the correct risk assessments are being conducted across the business;
- Ensuring (or working with other stakeholders to ensure) that the findings from risk assessments/gap analyses are addressed by the business;
- Identifying training and development needs within the team and across the business;
- Managing relationships with external legal counsel as required;
- Attending and/or overseeing developments within various markets and relevant interest groups together with compliance specialists and the Head of Regulatory Affairs and advising on the general line to take in relevant areas;
- Collaborating with persons responsible for other key areas within the General Counsel namely legal affairs, data privacy management and regulatory affairs;
- Advising General Counsel on identified compliance risks on both the external and internal fronts
What’s in it for you?
This role offers the opportunity to work in a challenging but dynamic environment and with the right attitude can catapult you into one of the most influential positions within the business. The Compliance Team is currently made up of 5 compliance specialists, with possibility of further growth.
- A law or other relevant degree from a reputable European University
- At least 5 years’ experience in compliance, preferably in the gaming industry (whether in the private or public sector)
- Understanding of the exigencies of gambling, especially in the absence of specific gambling compliance experience
You’re good at:
- Applying a pragmatic approach and offering suitable solutions to business while ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- Prioritisation of tasks according to business needs
- Communicating fluently both verbally and in writing in the English language and in business-related matters
- Gaming compliance experience in more than one regulated jurisdiction with special preference to candidates with experience also in MGA regulation
- Experience in people management
- Additional compliance certificates gained throughout the years
- Knowledge of other languages
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.