An Awardful Evening for Betsson Group at the EGR Nordic Awards
At the EGR Nordics Awards 2022, held last evening (Thursday 24th February 2022) in Malta, Betsson Group was declared as the overall winner as it was the one and only operator that walked away with no less than five awards: ‘Best Affiliate Programme’, ‘Customer Service Operator’, ‘Marketing Campaign’, ‘Sports Betting Operator’, and ‘Operator of the Year’
These awards celebrate the most successful and innovative online gaming companies operating in the Nordic region. It is a ceremony that recognises operators that truly stand out in what is a highly competitive market. Judges evaluate commercial success, ground-breaking innovation, best customer service or marketing skills and reward companies that are truly outstanding. The voting process for this award was conducted by Deloitte, which ensures full transparency of the process.
Best Affiliate Programme of the Year
For the first time, Betsson Group Affiliates (BGA) have won the Best Affiliate Programme category at the EGR Nordic Awards. This is the second award this year for BGA as earlier in 2022, they won the ‘Most Compared Casino of the Year’ category at the New Casino 2022 Awards.
Whilst deliberating on a winner, the EGR Nordic Awards judges looked at the operator affiliate team that best demonstrated the use of innovative and effective marketing strategies to drive customers to their sites. Judges looked for programmes that made use of the full range of marketing tools available. From the onset, judges said that this was a highly competitive environment and that “evidence of strong affiliate partnerships and effective use of brand messaging” was pivotal in selecting BGA as the winner.
This is what the judges had to say about Betsson Group Affiliates:
▪ “Textbook example of a great affiliate programme.”
▪ “Definitely experienced in affiliate programmes and have taken into consideration everything that affiliates want and need. If I was an affiliate, I would want to work with them.”
▪ “Very comprehensive and detailed submission covering all criteria in a detailed manner.”
Customer Services Operator
The EGR Nordic Awards have been taking place since 2016 and since then, there has only been one operator that won the coveted ‘Customer services operator’ category – and that has always been Betsson Group. This year’s win marks the seventh consecutive year that Betsson Group was the best operator that demonstrated that it truly has the customer at the heart of its business. Judges also looked at how the operator manages its resources to continuously improve its performance standards ensuring it can meet the needs of its entire customer base. They also scrutinised staff engagement in customer satisfaction strategy, the sort of training and development provided, the tools and frequency when quality was measured, and also on how this team is leaving an impact on (customer) retention.
About Betsson Group’s Customer Service, the judges said:
▪ “They understand that the key to great customer service is not what you get right it’s about what you could do better.”
▪ “Innovative strides with exciting prospects to leverage its position within its current and new markets.”
This award recognises the company that has run the most innovative, intelligent and creative marketing campaign in the Nordics over the past year. Judges selected Betsson Group as a winner based on effective use of brand and contextual advertising along with other elements such as banner ads, affiliate programmes, use of SEO and viral marketing for a specific campaign. Besides looking at the most effective campaign in terms of ROI, other factors in selecting a winner were the financial performance of the campaign and its success in acquiring new customers. When rewarding Betsson for its Euro 2020 campaign in Sweden, judges looked at innovation and originality of the campaign, at how Betsson made clever use of different channels, at the creativity of the campaign, and also at ROI, including growth in customer acquisition.
When selecting Betsson’s Marketing Camapign as the winner, the judges commented:
▪ “A really well-executed campaign with great results. Betsson’s approach in this Marketing campaign is truly breathtaking.”
▪ “I was incredibly impressed by their TV commercial and how they successfully communicated that their free-to-play prediction game is truly for everyone.”
▪ “Their high-tech VR studio was a perfect mix of skilled presenters, guests, analyses and showing betting data at the right times.”
▪ “Strong marketing presence with the use of different channels.”
Sports Betting Operator
In the competitive sports betting field, this award recognises the operator that has been able to differentiate itself from its key Nordic-facing rivals through an excellent product offering, an effective marketing strategy and impressive global reach. Judges looked for an operator that has enjoyed consistent growth over the past year and demonstrated operational excellence in the region. When selecting Betsson Group as the ‘Best Sports Betting Operator of the Year’, judges looked at scale and growth, innovation and differentiation, quality of on and offline marketing, and last but not least at the quality of the product itself.
About Betsson Group’s Sports Betting offering, the judges said:
▪ “Always a serious contender for the award. Good submission, good numbers, a favourite.”
▪ “Very good submission tackling all criteria very well and good numbers to support their submission. Betsson proves again why it is such a fortress in sports betting, despite big challenges throughout the year. They managed to do 9 product enhancements, including full-screen streaming on mobile devices and advanced sport/league lobbies.”
▪ “Betsson taught its competitors a big lesson with its exceptional marketing activities. The cross-selling conversion rate of their product resultattipset.se is staggering. Also the unique approach regarding the Nordicbet million will see lots of copycats in the next years.”
Operator of the Year
The grand prize of the evening was the Operator of the Year – an award that recognises the operator that has set the standards for others to follow in the Nordics region over the past year. The judges looked for a company that has acted as a driving force for innovation in the region across all areas of the business and the winning operator needed to demonstrate a market-leading proposition. Judges also looked for a company that has clearly differentiated itself from the chasing pack in its sector, through a mixture of growth, innovation and strong product performance in one or more of the key verticals.
The shortlisted companies for this category were Betsson Group, ComeOn Group, Danske Spil, Genesis Global, LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group, and Videoslots. When deliberating who the winner shall be, judges looked at operational excellence, quality and diversity of product, innovation and differentiation, growth and commercial success, influence on the wider iGaming market, as well as on the strength of brand and marketing. The judges decided that for the second consecutive year, the only operator that ticked all the boxes was Betsson Group.
When deciding that Betsson Group deserves the coveted ‘Operator of the Year’ title, the judges commented:
▪ “Betsson really stands out in all key criteria for this category, especially with their growth and commercial success in the Nordic region. A worthy operator of the year!”
▪ ” Giant in the industry and with an operational high standard and innovative and differentiation when it comes to marketing and offering presence, Betsson is the unchallenged leader in the online casino world. Always challenging and improving the status quo with their users in their heart and mind. Always mobile-first! Always trying new approaches (f.e. with Jalla Casino with Social first approach) while steadily improving all key pillars at rapid pace.”