AML Compliance Manager
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new AML Compliance Manager
We are looking for a new team member to join our legal and regulatory/compliance department in Malta. We can offer an interesting and rewarding job, working within a great team of lawyers and compliance personnel of different nationalities.
What's in it for you
The Legal and Compliance Department acts as a support function on all such matters across the group and interacts with many different aspects of the online gambling business on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel within various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors.
You will be working alongside other compliance managers and will report to the Head of Compliance. The ideal candidate will also provide support to the MLRO ensuring the Company functions in a legal and ethical manner whilst meeting its business goals and needs. You will be based in Malta.
We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
As a AML Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Develop, improve and manage the organisation’s policies related to AML. in line with the latest AML/CFT regulations in the industry.
- Support in adapting and improving AML processes to adhere to all regulatory requirements as well as monitoring their effectiveness.
- Support in managing AML/CFT alerts and monitoring transactions.
- Advice on the development and implementation of monitoring systems to ensure that all suspicious transactions are investigated, documented and reported to the relevant Regulatory Authorities if necessary.
- Advice on the submission of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) for customers under suspicion.
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, carry out periodical risk assessments and advise the company on necessary actions whilst ensuring that the threats and vulnerabilities of the Organisation’s operations in relation to AML/CFT are measured.
- Ensure that there is a compliance culture across the whole organisation, including delivery of company-wide AML training.
- Provide strategic business guidance on highly sensitive matters.
- Liaise directly with the organisation’s MLROs.
- Liaise with 3rd parties and regulators when and as needed.
- Leading AML audits, internal/ external with regulators and third parties
- Work closely with the Compliance team in relation to customer profiling and due diligence matters.
- Work closely with Responsible Gambling and Risk & Fraud teams to enable a unified view of the customer.
- Work with product organization to advice on the implementation of suitable tools and third-party products relevant to the jurisdictions in which the Organisation operates.
- Any other ad-hoc duties related to the role.
- Qualified legal professional with experience working in a Legal environment.
- At least 2-3 years relevant experience in Compliance & AML not necessarily within the iGaming Industry. Experience within the industry will be considered a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of AML/CFT regulatory obligations. An understanding of wider AML requirements in jurisdictions such as Denmark, Italy, Malta, Spain, Sweden, Germany and the UK.
- An understanding of European gambling regulation is essential.
- Relevant certification in AML/CFT.
- Excellent oral and written English and able to communicate with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders. Additional languages such Sweden, German, Spanish, Italian are a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies, procedures and processes would be beneficial.
- Customer profiling skills would be essential.
- Have a strong degree of honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Able to analyse data and to present it in an easy, comprehensible manner.
What We Offer
We offer a fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.