- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Compliance Officer
We are looking for a new team member to join our legal and compliance department in Malta. We can offer an interesting and rewarding job, working within a great team of lawyers and compliance professionals of different nationalities.
What's in it for you?
You will be working alongside other compliance personnel and will report to the AML/RG Business Partner. You will be based in Malta.
We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
The Legal and Compliance Department acts as a support function on all such matters across the group and interacts with many different aspects of the online gambling business on a daily basis. This role will therefore expose you to a number of different areas such as gambling compliance, anti-money laundering, responsible gambling (RG), data privacy and consumer protection. In participating in the different projects, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders from various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
As a AML/RG Compliance Officer, you will be part of a small team acting as a link between the Regional Compliance and Operations teams, supporting in implementation and interpretation of relevant RG/AML legal requirements. Your main responsibility will be to assist and support AML/RG Business Partner in the following tasks:
- Supporting compliance personnel in drafting and updating relevant documents and policies in the area of AML/RG,
- Supporting the Operations Department in understanding relevant legal requirements coming from relevant laws and company policies and implementing the same,
- Following and testing implementation of relevant policies and standards in AML/RG area,
- Assisting the AML/RG Business Partner and where necessary, leading in responses to relevant authorities on matters of AML and RG;
- Assisting in the carrying out of risk assessments
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You need to have a university degree in law or business, although qualifications in other areas may be considered.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience. Work experience in a compliance/legal environment would be considered an asset but all persons with a keen interest in regulation and the online gaming industry will be considered.
- Relevant experience in responsible gambling and/or anti-money laundering issues is a very important asset for this role.
- The successful applicant must be able to work in a dynamic and fast environment, adapt easily to change and take a ‘can-do’ approach to the job.
- It is essential that you are able to work on your own initiative and are not averse to taking decisions once you have settled into the role.
- Your language skills are very important, and we would expect you to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing and to have excellent writing skills.
- Additional languages, such German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish are a plus.
- The ability to communicate in international business matters is important.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.