- Product Development
Data – Scala Engineer
Our Data Team is looking for a Scala Engineer to make a difference in the further development of our Data Warehouse solutions, designing and developing our data platform for the business needs. You will have an opportunity to make a difference in the development of our Data Platform
In this role, you will contribute in designing and developing Realtime Data to fulfil the business needs.
For any Technical Data wiz out there, Betsson Group is the next step! This is the perfect environment to put your skills to the test by building a consolidated Data Platform with innovative features and most importantly joining a bunch of talented and fun group of people.
What's in it for you:
- Development and maintenance of Realtime Data Applications by using frameworks like Spark Streaming, Spark Structured Streaming and Kafka Streams
- Ingestion of streaming data and applying transformations to data streams;
- Keeping up to date on research and development of new technologies and techniques to enhance our applications;
- Collaborating with the Data DevOps, Business Intelligence and other multi-disciplined teams within Betsson;
- Comfortable working in an agile environment involving SDLC;
- Familiar with the change and release management process;
- Have an investigative mindset to be able to troubleshoot – thinking outside the box when it comes to troubleshooting problems and incident management;
- Full ownership on projects and tasks assigned together with being able to work within a Team;
- Able to document well processes and perform knowledge sharing sessions.
What we are looking for:
- Have good knowledge on Scala.
- Be familiar with any other programming languages like Java, Python.
- Knowledge or familiarity of distributed computing like Spark and streaming frameworks like Kafka.
- Scripting -> Shell, Unix Scripting;
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good learning mind-set;
- Have the ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects;
- Have good understanding of typical Big Data Architectures and Solutions.
- Have development experience in Unix like environments and in Cloud Services like AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Have experience with data Integration tools and data warehousing concepts;
- Be experienced and knowledgeable in core database development tuning techniques;
- Familiar with software versioning tools like Git;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.