I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
Director of Platform and Data Engineering
In this highly competitive market, it is critical that we continuously push our products forward, keep challenging ourselves and look at the future. For our new Director of Platform and Data Engineering, we are looking for a driven and passionate individual with a strategic mind set who is not afraid of challenging ways of working and driving change. Does it sound like you?
Do you enjoy leading high-performing development teams, providing market leading, scalable solutions?
We need an inspiring senior manager to lead our Data, Payments and Gaming platform teams into the future. In total, the teams contain more than 100 developers/QAs spread over four different locations. A broad role where you will be working closely with both the product and architecture teams to ensure we are on track to reach our goals and targets.
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to make an impact. The Data, Payments and Gaming Platforms are the core of everything we do and you will be the one leading the way.
You’re good at:
- Leading teams and inspiring others, proven experience leading high performing development teams in a distributed environment
- Driving change; you are resourceful, flexible and open to new ways of thinking. Everything you need to influence others
- Large IT platform systems
- Agile, knowing it is the only logical way to work regardless of which methodology is used
- Business trips, because you know how important it is to get that extra time with the teams
- If you have experience from the industry
A flavour of what you’ll be doing:
- Setting both the short and long-term strategy, ensuring the development roadmap is being collaboratively and accurately maintained between the development team leads and the product organization
- Responsible for the development process, code quality and alignment on ways of working between teams
- Be a leader and mentor on Agile best practices and foster an organization who strives for continuous improvement
- Assist and guide development managers & team leads in effective management of their teams
- Work closely with the Betsson Architecture group to ensure design incorporate best practices such as scalability, resilience and avoiding single points of failure
- Ensure quality of deliverables, through adequate test coverage and performance testing, through close alignment with the Quality Leadership Group
What we offer:
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices? We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.