I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
Frontend Developer (Sportsbook Technology)
Recently we opened a tech hub in Budapest (take a peek of our office here), so due to growth & expansion we have several excellent opportunities for Front End Developers to work on the Betsson Sportsbook, which is a high performance, high throughput and highly available product serving over eight different brands.
The whole Sportsbook tech department consists of cross-functional agile teams with Developers, QAs, Analysts and DevOps staff. The team communicates directly with other Sportsbook development teams and stakeholders in Malta to create the best performance, functionality and user experience in the industry.
Our teams work with Scrum, have a lot of cutting edge technologies and space to choose and implement new things. We aim high; are passionate about continuously improving the way we do things. We work with scaling, transaction-intensive and distributed systems. Also, we are moving towards microservices using containerization.
On top of that, we like to work closely together, sharing knowledge; enjoy lots of perks and fun events e.g. gym subsidies, dinners, after works, team gatherings, sport activities…you name it!
We are working on a Single Page Application, called Trading Tools and its supporting microservices.
As a team member, you will be involved in all aspects of software development from making sure that the architecture and design is as good as we can make it, to writing code and unit tests and manage our data models. You will work both with designing and implementing new features as well as analyzing the system and improve architecture and technical excellence.
As a frontend developer You will work with the following technologies:
- REST API
- HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS, SCSS
- CI / CD
- Gulp, Webpack
- Jasmine, Protractor
Within Sportsbook application you can also meet these technologies:
- .NET Core
- WebAPI, WCF
- MS SQL Server 2014
- You have relevant skills in some or all of the above areas and that you have been exposed to high performance/throughput/scalability/availability systems earlier in your career.
- You have a degree in computer science or experience to match.
- You are confident in speaking in English
- You are a person that likes to work in a team and succeed together.
- You enjoy collaborating with your fellow team members to create awesome features.
- You have a passion for improving code and practices and have a genuine interest in building software that has quality built in.
- You are interested in most things that have to do with software development and while you are an expert in some areas, you can pitch in anywhere when needed.
- You love to learn new things and to put that knowledge to work.
What we offer
To be part of the success story of one of the fastest growing companies in the iGaming market, all our employees in Budapest would avail from:
- A competitive salary and benefits such as health insurances and gym subsidies
- Personal development through courses, in-house training and external certifications
- A fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work in a leadership role in the future.
We would also very much like to reward your efforts with a number of external and internal events like Monday breakfasts, free coffee and fruit and regular after-work events and much more!
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.