- Product Development
Gaming – Head of Engineering
Betsson Group is now looking for a Head of Engineering within the Gaming Area.
As the Head of Engineering (Gaming), you will provide leadership for our engineering teams working on our Gaming product vertical. You will be accountable for the delivery, in terms of both time and quality, of all engineering teams working in the domain. You will work closely with your product counterparts on executing the roadmap, whilst driving technical excellence in terms of code quality, stability, scalability, and security.
A taster of what you will be involved with:
- Build and lead a high performing, top class engineering organisation covering multiple teams, setting out proper strategies towards this goal.
- Support, mentor and coach the engineering managers and leads.
- Collaborate with the architecture team and actively support their direction to drive the technical vision and enable the future state architectural design of the domain.
- Work closely with your product counterparts to develop, support and execute on product roadmaps and towards shared goals.
- Champion technical initiatives for consideration in the product development roadmap.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the gaming industry, performing competitor analysis, staying up-to-date with trends, emerging technologies.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration within the team, promoting best practices in software engineering and agile methodologies.
- Drive the delivery of initiatives across the teams, ensuring that we are maximising the potential of our people and their delivery.
- Ensure the platform's reliability, security, and scalability by proactively addressing potential risks and performance bottlenecks.
- Manage engineering budgets, resources, and timelines effectively, delivering projects on time and within scope.
- Develop and implement metrics and KPIs to monitor platform performance, driving data-driven decision-making and improvements.
- Identify and address technical and process bottlenecks.
- Set an example in taking responsibility and ownership, which may also mean stepping in to any missing role as and when may be required.
What we are looking for:
- Highly experienced in building and leading high performing engineering teams, with at least 2 years’ experience in a senior / strategic engineering leadership role.
- A strong background in software engineering, preferably having 10+ years’ experience working in engineering roles.
- Demonstrated experience in nurturing and coaching engineering leaders.
- Passionate about technology and how it can enable business growth and opportunities, in particular in how it satisfies user needs.
- Experience and understanding of agile practices and techniques for developing products.
- Confident working in a complex technical environment with hands-on experience working with highly available and high load transactional systems, with the ability to drive focus on performance, scalability and security.
- Experience in defining OKRs and KPIs, working with data to understand system(s) performance and the outcomes of product development.
- Proven ability to lead analyses and evaluations for complex decisions.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus.
Good to have:
- Relevant working experience in the gaming industry.
- Experience working with remote / geographically distributed teams.
- Familiarity with AI/ML technologies for personalised experiences.
- Experience in working with and managing third-party suppliers.
- A humble and inspirational leader who leads by example and fosters a culture of ownership and collaboration.
- Strong organisational, planning and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to present effectively to C-Level.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
If you are interested to learn more, please apply with your CV in English.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.