- Data & Insight
Lead Gaming Analyst
Are you passionate about data and eager to drive change and action through science rather than hunch?Would you like to help guide and support decision making across all our markets, brands and teams?
Than this opportunity is waiting for you!
We are looking for a lead analyst to work closely with our Central Gaming, Commercial and Product Development Teams at Betsson Group. This is a key role to support our largest revenue driver within the Group. We have been in the business of Gaming since 1963 and this role, rather than looking back at our accomplishments, is to help shape where we go from here.
Using your gaming knowledge, you will feed into and help shape our focus in 2020 and beyond. You will play a pivotal role in new projects and business cases to bring in new product verticals, enter new markets or to strengthen our product strategy. You will also be the analytical partner to our Commercial teams and help educate them on concepts like marginal gain, customer experience improvements and product optimisation. In addition to this, you will show how new games perform and set a benchmark of what good looks like across our different regions and 20+ brands.
You will be a self-starter who takes ownership and is able to prioritise their work in line with business and stakeholder priorities. You will have a passion and flair for telling engaging and meaningful data-driven stories so people can clearly understand the ‘so what’ and the ‘what next’ from the insight. You will drive change and action through science rather than hunch. On top of the above, you will work to:
- Define, track, and visually share Gaming KPIs to showcase how the products are performing against our long-term objectives
- Monitor key performance metrics in accordance to set targets, primarily revenues, acquisitions and player activity. A key part of this task is to forecast and flag underperforming metrics to the appropriate stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Gaming team to prepare and communicate reports, dashboards and, most importantly, insights on our customer journeys, customer experience and Gaming performance. This can focus on:
- Driving incremental revenue through optimal product selection and deployment by market
- Optimisation of space above the fold and minimising game cannibalisation
- Performing deep-dive analysis into how our customers consume our games online, understanding in detail the user journeys and customer behaviours
- Analysing the impact of changes to the site/mobile experience and new product launches with the aim of concluding if objectives and goals were achieved
- Proactively provide actionable insights and recommendations to help the team solve problems for our customers
- Work with stakeholders to utilise and maintain a record of what data is available and what is not, recommending priorities for adding new tracking and monitoring capabilities. Stakeholders include Analysts, Business Intelligence and Marketing
- Contribute to the design and delivery of our analytics capabilities
What’s in it for me?
You’ll get the opportunity to work in an international environment, at a 100% digital company that is the market leader within the online gaming industry.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
You’re good at:
- Experience in iGaming is essential
- Great at problem solving and critical thinking – highly analytical and knows how to approach and solve business questions providing actionable insight to stakeholders
- Able to grasp the business context and place analysis within a goal oriented setting
- Presents data in a meaningful way – understands their audience and delivers insight in a way that fits their consumption style
- Is familiar with feature / web development processes and their drivers
- Is adaptable – as with many industries, the iGaming sector needs to be nimble and move quickly as needed. New skills or reacting to market situations will be required
- Ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity is a must
- Has the ability to get things changed using insight and data and not general opinion or hunches!
- Has an affinity for data and is always looking for ways to improve things
- A Positive Mental Attitude is key!
Key Technical Skills:
- Strong Excel skills
- Google Analytics knowledge, or a similar web analytics tool, of benefit but not a must
- SQL knowledge of benefit but not a must
- QlikSense or Power BI knowledge, or a similar visualisation tool, of benefit but not a must
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working with KNIME Analytics Platform
- Knowledge of programming languages like R or Python
- Knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.