- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
- Product Development
Global Initiatives – People Lead
As a People Lead you will assist the Head of the area and the Product Development Manager by helping to build a culture of trust that promotes the welfare and happiness of individuals in the area. You will also be a key part in efficient competence development connected with the Betsson Career Model. You will have a team of cross functional developers, within the Global Initiatives department, leading the people in charge of developing different company’s initiatives, including delivery of new brands and expansions to new markets and jurisdictions. The role will include work on both new and existing brands, ensuring the highest product quality and time to market.
What we are looking for
- Years of experience as a Senior developer actively working with some of the tech stack mentioned below.
- Experience with Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching of developers.
- Possess a Bachelor or Masters’ degree in a relevant technical area.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for technology, product development and continuous improvement.
- Can work independently, without supervision, prioritising and handling multiple tasks and projects.
- Possess excellent English communication skills.
- Being a natural leader, coach and inspire individuals.
- Supporting others career development by enabling individuals to grow.
- Act as a servant leader.
- Act with emotional intelligence.
A taster of what you will be involved with
As a People Lead:
- Hold regular one-to-one meetings with direct reports; create reports and necessary KPIs, analyse and approve vacations, facilitate annual salary review and drive the individual growth of direct reports according to our career model.
- Partake in recruitment processes, onboard new employees and ensure knowledge sharing across the team.
- Resolving conflicts and issues that impact the wellness of individuals.
- Work with the team to establish creative solutions to ensure efficiency and team happiness.
As a Developer (Backend or Frontend):
- Work with the team, either on the Backend or in the Frontend, developing the necessary tasks agreed and refined by the team, following the business requirements communicated by the product manager.
- Have plenty of experience in our tech stack below.
- Can mentor, coach and guide the junior developers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product managers, delivery managers and development teams from other areas to establish and follow best ways of working ensuring the sustainability and quality of our products.
- Used to work (and enjoy) agile methodologies.
What does our tech stack look like?
At Betsson, we pride ourselves on adaptability and keeping up with the latest technologies. Our current tech stack looks like this:
- Angular 11+, Angular Material (Desktop)
- TypeScript 4+, Redux Pattern for State Management
- RxJS, Sass
- HTML5; and the frontend consumes RESTful APIs and Web Sockets
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- .NET C#, .NET Core, Specflow
- .NET Core Web API, .NET Web API
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Redis, Couchbase
- Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ
- GitHub, TeamCity
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
If you are interested to learn more, please apply with your CV.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.