- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
Head of Product, Africa
The Head of Product, Africa will be responsible for the management of the Group’s products for African markets. Forming part of the team leading the Group’s expansion into Africa, the Head of Product will contribute significantly to the success of the African business through the delivery of market leading products and customer experiences.
• Manage the product development roadmap for Africa, establishing priorities and ensuring it aligns with objectives and strategy.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of competitor products and market trends, and periodically report on the key gaps and strengths of our product offering.
• Establish and monitor key product KPIs to gauge and evaluate product performance.
• Drive improvements to the user experience and new product development based on insights and a deep understanding of players’ behaviour and market trends.
• Ensure that the product quality standards are set and maintained at a high level at all times.
• Collect requests from stakeholders for any new product development, keeping them up to date on progress and prioritisation.
• Ensure any updates to the roadmap and new product releases are effectively communicated to all stakeholders and that relevant stakeholders are properly engaged during the development process as necessary.
• Take a hands-on role in preparing requirements/user stories, prioritising the backlog, and working with product designers to produce the required designs and prototypes.
• Manage relationships with suppliers engaged to deliver the product offering.
• Evaluate opportunities to source products and services from third-parties, including games providers and service providers, working with central teams to run RFPs for vendor selection when necessary.
• Work with the relevant technical teams to evaluate different platform providers that may be engaged for African markets and any opportunities to use the Group’s in-house technology for any parts of the product offering.
• Contribute towards any commercial negotiations and the definition of terms with any third-party providers engaged to service African markets.
• Work with marketing and operations teams to collaborate on go to market plans in order to maximise the value of new product launches.
• Test new product releases to ensure they match the brief and at the expected level of quality.
• Ensure the product offering is continuously assessed and reviewed to discover potential areas for improvement.
• Assist with market research and the development of business cases for evaluating new market opportunities.
• Lead and coach direct reports in the team.
You’re good at:
- Significant experience in a product management role in the gaming industry, covering multiple facets of the product offering, in particular sports betting.
- Strong understanding of gaming and betting products, platforms, and market dynamics.
- A passion for delivering a leading customer experience, having relevant experience in optimising product UX/UI.
- Experience leading new product launches and product development for new market entries.
- Experience in writing high level concepts as well as user stories and functional design/requirements documents.
- Experience working with third-party providers to deliver products to market.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, with proven experience in successfully leading complex projects.
- Strong analytical and research skills, having experience utilising user experience research and optimisation methodologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- A team player who is able to foster positive working relationships across the organisation and remotely.
- Highly motivated to succeed and able to work independently.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- A relevant academic degree or certifications from a reputable body.
- A good technical background, preferably with prior hands on experience in software engineering.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience using Google Analytics and other analytical tools.
- Experience leading and coaching a product team.
- Prior experience working with gaming and betting products targeting African markets.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of telecoms.
- The ability to speak French would be considered as an asset.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.