- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
- Product Development
Infra – Network Engineer
We are looking for the experts in the field of Global Networking, the innovators, and the drivers of the sector. If you’re up for an exciting challenge, please keep on reading!
This is an exciting time to join the business not only do you have the latest tech available but also due to a large transition to Cloud based solutions this is a time you can assist in a major development in the business and make your mark.
The main function of the Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth running of Betsson’s production Network infrastructure. The Network Engineer will form part of the Network Team (Cloud and Dev-ops) whose main responsibility is to have the Betsson Infrastructure accessible at all time and bring the new technologies to support that.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Not only will you be joining an innovative team in Betsson, you will be located in our newly renovated offices in the heart of Malta that house a significant portion of Betsson’s Tech services. With weekly team gatherings (both online and offline) you will become a part of a welcoming and talented team.
Your day to day will be an exciting combination of the following responsibilities:
- Be responsible to keep our production network setups properly documented and ensure that the required knowledge sharing via online tools is in place
- Managing and Securing an Infrastructure supporting the Betsson Group business requirements
- Take ownership of Networks, focusing on implementing and continuous improvement
- Monitor usage, capacity, performance of networks, security, and systems components within Betsson
- Design, plan and implement Network/Security Infrastructure projects in the respective technology area
- Day to day support/running of Betsson network (routers, switches, firewalls and loadbalancers)
- Follow all Service Management Processes including but not limited to Change, Configuration, Problem and Incident Management Processes
- Be expected to work on call as per business requirements
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Manage multiple tasks and project and any given time
- Strong communication skills enabling you to liaise between multiple departments
- Routing protocol understanding (BGP)
- Strong understanding of IaC (Terraform)
- Task Distribution and Loadbalancing
- Excellent understanding of the implementation and maintenance of firewalls
- Knowledge of specific firewalls e.g. WAF
- Knowledge of other tools and technologies such as Grafana and VXLAN
WHAT WE OFFER
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognize it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.