- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
Intern – Legal & Compliance
Are you interested to take on a full-time internship working with the biggest iGaming company in Malta? Betsson Group is now hiring for interns to join.
We are looking for hardworking, bright and ambitious Legal Interns to join our Legal and Compliance Department in Malta. The Legal and Compliance Department acts as a support function across the group and interacts with many different aspects of the gambling business on a daily basis. This role will therefore expose you to a number of different areas.
We can offer an interesting, rewarding and paid internship working on flexible hours, where you will work with a great team of lawyers, compliance and privacy professionals of different nationalities.
A taste of what you will be doing
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handling many different administrative tasks,
- Assisting the Legal, Compliance and Data Privacy teams in their daily work,
- Assisting the Data Privacy team in handling and responding to data subjects’ rights requests (access to data, data deletion, etc.) under the GDPR and other privacy legislation in the rest of the world where Betsson operates,
- Assisting the Data Privacy team in responding on different issues related to data subject questions about the processing of their personal data,
- Assisting the Legal team with coordinating contract finalisation, signatures, filing and archiving documents, collation of due diligence documents, and other ad-hoc tasks,
- Helping the Compliance team in various tasks related to the process of license applications and maintenance of licenses (regular reporting, certifications, etc.),
- Communicating with various other teams and stakeholders across the business,
- You will be given independence and will be expected to come up with your own procedures and ways of doing things.
What you can bring
- You need to be studying for a degree in law (and have completed at least the first year) at the Faculty of Law, but the most important thing is that you have an interest in how a legal & compliance department works, and are interested in the online gaming industry,
- In terms of skills, it is critical that you have excellent attention to detail, as you will be expected to read documentation and understand quickly what needs to be done,
- To be comfortable to work in a dynamic and fast environment, adapt easily to change and take a ‘can-do’ approach to the job,
- You should be motivated and committed, and willing to learn.
- Your language skills are very important, and we would expect you to be fluent in at least English, both verbally and in writing and to have good legal writing skills,
- The ability to communicate in international business matters is important.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.