Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Legal Counsel.
We are looking for a brilliant legal mind to join our Legal team at Betsson Group. Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially focused legal advice and support.
Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially focused legal advice and support.
As a key member of the legal team, you will be reviewing, interpreting legal requirements and effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders. You will be working closely with and will provide support to the compliance, regulatory and data privacy teams, as needed.
Occasional international travel may be required.
You will be based in Malta and report to the Head of Legal Affairs.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
Partnering closely with the rest of the organisation and take responsibility for the structuring and drafting of a variety of commercial agreements and documents relating to commercial transactions involving Betsson Group’s business as well as proving assistance where necessary in the underlying negotiations
- Advising and counselling the rest of the organisation on a wide-range of legal issues and regulatory matters associated with their commercial operations, with an emphasis on structuring and implementation of complex business transactions; More generally, you will be responsible for identifying legal issues, providing analysis of legal risks and creating and implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently
- Assisting in building a scalable foundation for the Legal team including developing templates, implementing processes and developing other proactive initiatives. If required, you will prepare and deliver legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance and avoid litigation
- Providing support to junior members of the team and providing training and guidance, if required
- Retaining and managing outside legal counsel, to ensure cost-effective representation
You’re good at:
- You are a qualified lawyer (law degree/LLM from a reputable European university) and you have 5+ years of relevant experience, either as in-house counsel in an international company, or from a reputable law firm with international exposure;
- Providing strategic guidance to an international business, project management and handling complex legal issues and you can demonstrate experience in this;
- Negotiating, drafting and closing complex commercial transactions and providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice and to problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible
- Adapting to a fast-paced and pressurized environment, with an ability to act decisively; you are a self-sufficient strong individual with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a team player, able to provide support to others, when needed
- English – excellent command of both written and spoken
- Dual-qualification, common and civil law jurisdiction is a plus
- Admission to the Bar in one or more jurisdictions within the European Union
- Candidates with experience in the payments, IT and/ or online gaming sector who have a sound basis in commercial contract drafting are preferred but should you have comparable experience in a different sector relating to commercial drafting, then you will still be considered
What’s in it for me?
You get to be at the sharp end of the business and the organization heavily depend on us and our advice. The legal and compliance department is a highly trusted function in this big company. You will join a tight knit team in a fun environment with people from different background.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.