- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
Legal Counsel – Gaming
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Legal Counsel.
We are looking for a brilliant legal mind to join our Legal team at Betsson Group. Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially focused legal advice and support.
Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially-focused legal advice and support. You will be reviewing contracts, interpreting legal requirements and effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders. You will be working closely with the rest of the Legal Team and will provide support to the Compliance team and rest of the business, particularly the Commercial teams and other business areas as needed.
International travel may be required. You will be based in Malta and report to the Legal Business Partner for Gaming, Betting & Commercial Affairs.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
- Partnering closely with the rest of the organisation and taking responsibility for the structuring and drafting of a variety of gaming, sportsbook and other generic commercial agreements relating to the business operations involving Betsson Group;
- Negotiating directly with external providers (in particular gaming and sportsbook suppliers and marketing partners) on drafting contracts and ongoing contract management;
- Advising and counselling the rest of the organisation on gaming and sportsbook related legal matters associated with their commercial operations; more generally, you will be responsible for identifying legal issues, providing analysis of legal risks and creating and implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently;
- Providing assistance, where necessary, in the underlying commercial negotiations with the providers of gaming and/or betting services, marketing partners and other gaming/betting-related services.
What you can bring to the table:
- You are a qualified lawyer (law degree/LLM from a reputable European university)
- 3+ years of relevant experience, either as in-house legal counsel in an international company with experience in reviewing and drafting commercial contracts, or from a reputable law firm with international exposure;
- You have knowledge of the iGaming industry, both in terms of regulation as well as commercial practices.
You are good at:
- Providing guidance to an international business, project management and handling complex legal issues and you can demonstrate experience in this;
- Negotiating, drafting and closing commercial transactions and providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice and to problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible;
- Adapting to a fast-paced and pressurized environment, with an ability to act decisively; you are a self-sufficient strong individual with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a team player, able to provide support to others when needed;
- English – excellent command of both written and spoken.
- Experience in the iGaming industry and familiarity with gaming and sportsbook agreements;
- Dual-qualification – common and civil law jurisdiction;
- Admission to the Bar in one or more jurisdictions within the European Union;
- Experience and/or qualification in intellectual property law;
- Additional experience in the IT, E-Commerce and/or payments sectors;
- Fluency in other languages
What’s in it for me?
You get to be at the sharp end of the business and the organization heavily depend on us and our advice. The legal and compliance department is a highly trusted function in this big company. You will join a tight knit team in a fun environment with people from different background.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.