- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Legal Counsel.
We are looking for a brilliant legal mind to join our Legal team at Betsson Group. Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially focused legal advice and support.
You will be reviewing and interpreting legal requirements while effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders. You will partner with the rest of the organisation and will provide support to the Compliance team and the rest of the business, particularly the Procurement and Product Development teams.
You will be based in Malta and report to the Legal Business Partner for Internal Affairs & Tech.
A flavour of what you'll be doing
Partnering closely with the rest of the organisation and take responsibility for the structuring and drafting of a variety of commercial agreements and documents relating to commercial transactions involving Betsson Group’s business as well as proving assistance where necessary in the underlying negotiations
- Advising and counselling the rest of the organisation on a wide range of legal issues ranging from internal business affairs, procurement of tech and other business support facilities to customer claims and litigation;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts on behalf of the organisation in the areas of tech, gaming and internal business affairs;
- Assisting in building a scalable foundation for the Legal team including developing templates, implementing processes and developing other proactive initiatives. If required, you will prepare and deliver legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance and avoid litigation.
- Providing support to junior members of the team and providing training and guidance, if required.
- Retaining and managing outside legal counsel, to ensure cost-effective representation.
You’re good at:
- You are a qualified lawyer (law degree/LLM from a reputable European university) and you have 4+ years of relevant experience, either as in-house counsel in an international company, or from a reputable law firm with international exposure;
- Providing strategic, concise and practical guidance to an international business and are able to handle complex legal issues and can demonstrate experience in this;
- Adapting to a fast-paced and pressurized environment, with an ability to act decisively;
- Being a team player, able to provide support to others, when needed;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other European languages will be considered an asset
- Dual qualification, common and civil law jurisdiction is a plus;
- Admission to the Bar in one or more jurisdictions within the European Union;
- Experience in litigation as well as in the IT sector or within an HR environment.
What’s in it for me?
You get to be at the sharp end of the business and the organization heavily depend on us and our advice. The legal and compliance department is a highly trusted function in this big company. You will join a tight-knit team in a fun environment with people from different backgrounds.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.