- Product Development
PAM – Head of Engineering
Betsson Group is now looking for a Head of Engineering within the Player Account Management Area.
As the Head of Engineering (PAM), you will provide engineering leadership for our in-house player account management platform, leading it towards being a competitive advantage and growth enabler for Betsson Group. You will be responsible to act as a primary stakeholder for the platform and for executing on the product strategy, whilst supporting and balancing ongoing product and engineering initiatives. To this end, you will lead and manage the PAM engineering teams and be an active member of the wider product development leadership team.
A taster of what you will be involved with:
- Lead and manage the PAM platform engineering team, driving the development and implementation of cutting-edge gaming technologies.
- Execute on the strategic direction and vision for the platform, ensuring alignment with company objectives and market needs.
- Collaborate closely with product management, design, and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute on product roadmaps.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the gaming industry, performing competitor analysis, staying up-to-date with trends, emerging technologies.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration within the team, promoting best practices in software engineering and agile methodologies.
- Ensure the platform's reliability, security, and scalability by proactively addressing potential risks and performance bottlenecks.
- Manage engineering budgets, resources, and timelines effectively, delivering projects on time and within scope.
- Develop and implement metrics and KPIs to monitor platform performance, driving data-driven decision-making and improvements.
- Nurture and mentor engineering talent, fostering career development and growth opportunities for team members.
- Identify and address technical and process bottlenecks.
- Enable the architecture team to drive the technical vision and enable the future state architectural design of the platform.
What we are looking for:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a senior / strategic engineering leadership role.
- Successfully led and developed high-performing engineering management teams.
- Passionate about delivering products that users will love with a proven track record in doing so.
- Experience and understanding of agile practices and techniques for developing products.
- Experience in defining OKRs and KPIs, working with data to understand system(s) performance and the outcomes of product development.
- Proven ability to lead analyses and evaluations for complex decisions.
- Proven experience with technologies related to account management systems, such as authentication protocols (OAuth, OpenID Connect), database technologies (SQL, NoSQL), integration styles and security best practices.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus.
Good to have:
- Relevant working experience in the gaming industry.
- Experience working with remote / geographically distributed
- A humble and inspirational leader who leads by example and fosters a culture of ownership and collaboration.
- Strong organisational, planning and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to present effectively to C-Level.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
If you are interested to learn more, please apply with your CV in English.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.