I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
- Fraud, Risk & Payments
Risk & Bonus Abuse Analyst
We are now looking for a Risk, BA & Affiliate Fraud analyst to join our team in Malta.
As a Risk, BA & Affiliate Fraud Analyst you will be working within a small specialized team of agents to pro-actively counteract fraudulent behaviour and to proactively minimise Bonus Abuse trends through regular analysis of customer accounts.
The role involves day to day analysis of customer accounts and bonuses which includes authenticating KYC documents, links and gameplay, amongst other tasks. Daily reports monitoring for specified sets of reports that are designed to look for deposit patterns and trends in order to pro-actively determine a level of risk analysis on such deposits as well as account profiles. We believe that the successful candidate has to be able to work under pressure with a constant keen eye for detail as well as checking in order to form part of this elite team within the department.
The role is on a 40 hour a week shift basis, Monday to Sunday and will report directly to the Head of AML & Risk Operations.
- Daily Risk reports and follow-ups of actions taken on such reports in order to detect and mitigate Risk and Chargebacks.
- Proactively checking customer accounts for Bonus Abuse, including but not limited to breaches in Promotion Terms and Conditions as well as other forms of complex Bonus
Abuse that may be detected.
- Handling the Bonus Abuse Withdrawal queue in accordance with internal procedures and in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that the Bonus Abuse T&C’s are adequate in relation to the current bonuses available in order to enable Bonus Abuse to be stopped when detected and mitigate forms of Bonus Abuse from manifesting.
- Detect and escalate fraud cases, involving but not limited to Credit card fraud, Chargebacks, Bank Fraud, Money Laundering, Identity theft and Phishing accordingly.
- Provide detailed reports, with the assistance from the Bonus Abuse manager and Affiliate teams, in order to measure the success rate and P&L figures with accurate numbers that reflect the true nature of the campaign.
- Inform the Team Leader and other team members of Bonus Abuse & Risk trends and come up with processes to counteract and detect such trends.
- Suggest and specify new reports in order to align Risk reports together with Bonus Abuse and Affiliate Fraud.
- Maintain a proactive approach in dealing with all customer application matters
- Analytical mind, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Very good communication skills
- Good understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Good analytical skills in order to determine the cost of a bonus at optimal play
- Please note that no iGaming experience is required, although this will be beneficial
What we offer
We offer a fun and challenging role in a collaborative and dynamic environment. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.
Apply now via our career site.
At Betsson we like differences. It’s clear for us that we benefit from diversity and that we as a company become stronger and more competitive when hiring people with varying backgrounds, experiences and cultures.
If you have any questions regarding this position you are more than welcome to contact the responsible recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receive your application!
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.