Senior Legal Counsel/Legal Counsel (Payments)
We are looking for a brilliant legal mind to join our Legal team at Betsson Group. Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially focused legal advice and support.
Your role as a member of the Betsson Group Legal team will involve working closely with the rest of the organisation, providing practical and commercially focused legal advice and support. As a key member of the legal team, you will be reviewing, interpreting legal requirements and effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders. You will be working closely with and will provide support to the payments, compliance and regulatory teams, as needed.
International travel may be required. You will be based in Malta and report to the Head of Legal Affairs.
A flavour of what you will be doing:
- Partnering closely with the rest of the organisation and take responsibility for the structuring and drafting of a variety of payment agreements and documents relating to payment transactions involving Betsson Group’s business;
- Negotiating directly with payments providers on drafting contracts and ongoing contract management;
- Advising and counselling the rest of the organisation on payment-related legal matters associated with their commercial operations, with an emphasis on integration of complex and advanced payment processing tools; more generally, you will be responsible for identifying legal issues, providing analysis of legal risks and creating and implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently;
- Providing assistance, where necessary, in the underlying commercial negotiations with the providers of payment processing and other payment-related services;
- Providing support, training and guidance to other members of the legal team on payment-related legal matters, if required;
- Retaining and managing outside legal counsel, as needed, to ensure cost-effective representation.
Occasional international travel may be required. You will be based in Malta and report to the Head of Legal Affairs.
What’s in it for me?
You get to be at the sharp end of the business and the organization heavily depend on us and our advice. The legal and compliance department is a highly trusted function in this big company. You will join a tight knit team in a fun environment with people from different background.
Much like riding a roller-coaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
- You are a qualified lawyer (law degree/LLM from a reputable European university) and you have 6+ years of relevant experience in the payments sector area, either as a legal counsel for a global payments services provider, or from a reputable law firm with international exposure;
- You have extensive knowledge of the payments industry, both in terms of legal regulation as well as commercial practices
You’re good at:
- Providing strategic guidance to an international business, project management and handling complex legal issues and you can demonstrate experience in this;
- Negotiating, drafting and closing complex commercial transactions and providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice and to problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible;
- Adapting to a fast-paced and pressurized environment, with an ability to act decisively; you are a self-sufficient strong individual with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a team player, able to provide support to others, when needed;
- English – excellent command of both written and spoken
- Dual-qualification, common and civil law jurisdiction is a plus;
- Admission to the Bar in one or more jurisdictions within the European Union;
- Additional experience in the IT, E-Commerce and/ or online gaming sector;
- Fluency in other European languages (mainly Scandinavian) would be considered as a key asset
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.