Senior Tax Accountant
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new Senior Tax Accountant.
At Betsson we are now strengthening the tax team in Malta. This position calls for a highly motivated and dedicated individual whose primary focus will be on all Malta tax related matters; mainly corporate tax, VAT and gaming taxes. This senior position requires an in-depth understanding of tax compliance matters, tax analysis, accounting and reporting. Whilst the main focus of the role will be on local taxation, knowledge on international tax would be considered an asset.
This position will be part of a three-person local Tax Team in Malta that works within the Malta Finance Team. The position will report to the local Tax Manager who is in charge of the Local Tax Team and also a member of the Global Tax Team.
A Flavour Of What You'll Be Doing
- Accounting for corporate taxes, including deferred tax adjustments and dividends for the group
- Obtaining and coordinating tax advice from tax practitioners on ad-hoc basis
- Designing appropriate workflows as well as workbooks where necessary to facilitate tax processes
- Assisting with ensuring compliance for local tax filings
- Reviewing tax computations and tax returns, refund claims forms, DDTA as well as registering shareholders with the International Tax Unit
- Preparing and submitting local vat returns for the group, including MOSS, re-capulative statements, submission of CFR03 forms and applying for VAT numbers for new entities.
- Assisting in VAT related-queries (including MOSS accounting) and gaming tax accounting.
- Assisting in the preparation of yearly corporate tax computations for the group and liaising with our tax advisors
- Liaison with our Global Tax Team in the international tax context
- Coordinating tax payments and tax refunds with our cash management team
- Assisting in calculating, assessing and posting gaming taxes for the group
- Assisting on transfer pricing assessments.
- Liasing with auditors regarding tax related-matters
You're Good At
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and taxation.
- Strong knowledge on tax provisions and current taxes, deferred taxes and group loss provisions.
- A strong ability to deliver under strict deadlines to meet the organisational reporting obligations.
- Ability to work within a team of tax professionals and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Accountable and responsible for the role while ensuring the work is conducted professionally.
- Professional user on Microsoft excel is a must while knowledge on Powerpoint presentations is essential but not a requirement.
- Keen to learn and grow within the company
- A person with attitude and can-do approach while encouraging team spirit
- Strong mixed tax experience
- Business Focused
- Team player
- Adapting quickly to changes
- Provision of quality service
What's In It For Me?
You'll get the opportunity to work in an international environment, at a 100% digital company that is the market leader within the online gaming industry.
When working with us, we promise you that you will never ever have a dull moment. By spinning multiple plates, you will always have your hands full. We promise you that you will learn a lot and that you will grow with us, both in your career and as a person. And of course, we promise you that you will join a GREAT team!
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.