Service Availability Engineer – 2nd Line Support
Joining the Service Availability Team here at Betsson Group is one of kind! Touching on the latest technologies while keeping our brands live and running, the team ensure we deliver the best in service, supporting the Group and most importantly our customers!
Are you a fixer? Because this might be the role for you. Our teams do a good job of anticipating problems before they arise. They are also responsible in keeping the whole group updated on events as they unfold.
Part of the team here in Malta, means you will be touching upon the infrastructure supporting our sites and services. Working every day on VMware, Server hosts operating systems, Web Servers and APIs. With so many brands in the Group, the Service Availability Team plays a vital role to ensure incidents are near to non-existent!
What’s in it for you?
Not only will you be exposed to different tech stacks but to top it all off you have the best leaders guiding you, supporting you and continuously training you!
A taster of what you will be doing:
- You will be optimizing existing systems for scalability and building large-scale infrastructure
- Working with distributed systems, micro-services (Docker, Kubernetes) and service discovery
- Working within IaaS and PaaS Cloud (AWS, Azure, OpenStack) and hybrid environments
- Working with Server virtualization (VMware)
- You will be automating and scripting for promptest response and recovery of services
- Give detailed information to first line support for outbound communications.
- Facilitate any needed escalations to any internal support teams or providers as needed
- Participate in Post-mortem incident review and Problem Management improvements
- Be a part of a team with shift rotations to encompass 24/7
- Help improve team KPI’s for Availability to include both Reliability and Maintainability.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working with Windows, Linux servers
- A development background, with experience in C#/.NET is a bonus
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Experience with Messaging and push methodologies like Kafka, SQL etc
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.