I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
We understand that making the right technology decisions for today and for the future will make the difference between success and irrelevance. Our architecture team is growing and we are looking for you who can help us make those right choices.
In this highly competitive market, we need to move fast while at the same time make sure that we are moving in the right direction. Increasing the performance, reliability and security of our products while moving away from technical dept. As a Solution Architect at Betsson Group, you will help drive our products forward ensuring that we are ready for the future. Sounds like a challenge you want to take on? Then keep on reading.
What’s in it for you?
At Betsson Group, we invest a lot in our products. Providing the best customer experience in the industry is after all our vision, and it is only by improving our products we can reach that. In this role, you will be given the ownership and the possibility to make a real difference.
A flavour of what you will be doing
- Together with the Lead Solutions Architect and the Architecture team, you will ensure that all solutions are based on a solid architecture foundation, the right technology and that good design principles are maintained.
- Identify refactoring activities needed to address technical debt, performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security and ensuring that these requirements are continuously being addressed.
- Contribute to formalizing architecture governance principles across the company by establishing guidelines around integration patterns, data storage, orchestration, messaging and other concerns.
- Mentor, guide, and be a technology leader to other more junior team members.
You’re good at
- Understanding how new technology can be exploited to improve our solutions and drive innovation
- Performing detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments to use in designing the solution
- Collaboration – in this role you will work closely with product owners, business stakeholders, development, DevOps and TechOps teams throughout the different projects
- Communication – when reviewing existing and suggesting new technologies, you need to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms.
- Taking ownership
- A university degree in computer science and previous experience as a Solutions Architect
- 5+ years of developing backend systems, preferably in .NET/C# or Java
- Distributed microservice-based architectures
- Event-driven/message-based architectures using RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar
- Relational & NoSQL data-stores
- High-throughput, real-time transactional systems
- Solid understanding of concepts like service discovery, containers/orchestration and the actor model
- Able to leverage APM tools to troubleshoot and assess systems
- Automated testing and continuous integration
- Be open and interested in understanding the inner workings of key concepts related to networking, cloud and various infrastructure elements
What we offer
We can offer you an environment full of ambition and passion. One day is never like the other as the only constant is change, to the better, to the greater. We strive to be the best in whatever field we choose to play on, and we make sure to have fun along the way!
- A friendly, open and humble working environment, where you will have the chance to work alongside with colleagues from all over the world
- Lots of social activities within the office (e.g. regular after works; team events; breakfast; dinners; lunches etc.)
- A chance to evolve your skills together with talented colleagues with various programs and initiatives
- Personal development through courses, in-house training and external certification
- Many benefits (e.g. healthcare and pension contributions; insurances; free massage twice per week etc.)
The recruitment process will kick of by the 17th of June
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.