- Product Development
Sportsbook – Development Manager
Are you a natural born problem solver? Do you thrive on delivering value with every decision you take? The Sportsbook Area with Product Development is now hiring! We have a world-class Sportsbook, developed in-house by our dedicated Sportsbook tech team. Our Sportsbook Platform is ours – from our Architecture to our Trading teams – we have an in-house platform which hosts our brands offering Sportsbetting for our customers. From the tools our traders use to the cutting edge features our customers use to bet on various sports – our teams are the backbone to making this happen!
Our Product Development Manager will help manage the development teams to ensure accurate delivery of high quality software against an agreed development roadmap. The Development Manager is ultimately responsible for the development process, code quality, performance, and operational stability of the products. The ideal candidate will be a coach, mentor, and leader that inspires and motivates the teams to deliver high quality solutions according to business requirements. Maintaining an open channel of communication with all the moving parts of the sportsbook (Dev teams, Product teams, Trading Operations, External Providers and Partners).
Learn the true meaning of “never a dull moment” and “all hands on deck”; You will be surrounded by people who are highly motivated and passionate about what they do, and look forward to learning and sharing ideas. We are constantly pushing the limits of what our Sportsbook can do and you will be part of that journey; helping us overcome the challenges along the way and celebrate the successes.
At Betsson, we offer an annual compensation in January, to cover the devaluation of the Hungarian forint in the previous year. We work with a Hybrid Work From Home (WFH) model, giving you the flexibility of working 2 days in the office and 3 days at home.
A taster of what you will be doing
- Responsible for teams and central roles within the Sportsbook Area
- Promoting and facilitating continuous improvement/development within teams and the communication between them (UX, PO/PM, Dev, TL, DBA, DevOps and more);
- Ensuring synchronization between teams is always at the forefront;
- You will be building and coaching the area, in collaboration with other PDMs of the area and the Head of Area, in order to deliver on the goals and user needs set for the area with a lean and genuinely agile mindset;
- Helping the Head of Area to create the best possible culture to ensure high-quality delivery of our products.
What we are looking for
- Deep understanding and interest in lean and agile principles for product development;
- Leadership and management experience, understanding on how R&D operates in an agile environment;
- Strong people management & leadership skills;
- Proven experience of risk management & mitigation;
- Strong communication & negotiation skills with the ability to influence senior business executives on agile culture and best practices;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams, motivate, direct and coach;
- Ability to work in a high pace and a high velocity environment;
- Ability to manage organizational transformations.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
At Betsson Group we work with a Hybrid Work From Home (WFH) model, giving you the flexibility of working 2 days in the office and 3 days at home.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.