I’ve been with Betsson for nine years. The great thing about this company is that something new is always happening. You never get bored.
Technical Compliance Manager
We are looking for a new team member to join our legal and compliance department in Malta. We can offer an interesting and rewarding job, working within a great team of lawyers and compliance personnel of different nationalities.
As a Technical Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for advising the department in technical compliance matters in regard to specified regulated markets. This shall include mapping and documenting relevant technical aspects regarding existing and new products, games and suppliers, verifying that products specifications are consistent with regulatory requirements. A Compliance Manager is expected to become the point of reference within the company for their areas of expertise. You will:
– Verify that product/game/system etc. specifications are consistent with the regulatory requirements in relevant jurisdictions while mapping, updating or reviewing, as relevant, the product specification documents (e.g. supplier arrangements and service level agreements).
– Assist in interpreting and communicating technical aspects of legal frameworks and requirements as well as other compliance requirements of legal frameworks and matters within the compliance team and to relevant internal teams.
– Assist in supplier and customer due diligences (B2B), as well as assisting in regulatory notifications, licence and other regulatory/compliance applications as and when required (such as gathering and compiling relevant documentation for game specs, vertical and supplier launches etc).
– Assist during compliance queries or requests, evaluations and certifications and during compliance audits.
– Assist in finding the cause of technical and other compliance issues and seeking for solutions and suggesting control methods or procedures for addressing relevant issues.
– Taking part in implementing various policies and procedures, to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws and regulations; include managing the overall process of making applications to relevant regulators, licence and compliance reporting, acting as the main liaison between the company and regulators, developing and implementing company policies and procedures, acting as a liaison with external legal advisors where necessary, assessing and approving products, promotions as needed and following the work of interest groups.
You will be based in Malta in the Legal and Compliance department working alongside other compliance managers and will report to the Head of Compliance.
What’s in it for me?
The Legal and Compliance Department acts as a support function on all such matters across the group and interacts with many different aspects of the online gambling business on a daily basis. This role will therefore expose you to a number of different areas such as technical compliance and security as well as anti-money laundering, data privacy and consumer protection. In participating in the different projects, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel within various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors.
We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
You are good at:
- Technical compliance and have at least 2 years’ experience from a similar position
- You need to have a university degree Accounting, Business or Computing
- CISA / CISM qualification is a must!
- English language – fluent both verbally and in writing.
- Adapting to change and take a ‘can-do’ approach to the job. It is essential that you are able to work on your own initiative and are not averse to taking decisions once you have settled into the role.
- Experience from the iGaming industry.
- Your language skills are very important and we would expect you to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. The ability to communicate in international business matters is important.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.