- Malta: Betsson Experience Centre
VIP Operations Manager
Excellent opportunity to join Betsson Group as our new VIP Operations Manager
The function of the VIP Operations Manager is to support the business in delivering their objectives, enforce best practice and contribute to the company profit by achieving significant savings and mitigate the risk. One of the main objectives is to achieve increased Return on Investment and to ensure Value for Money is optimised for all Event and Gift expenditure. In addition, be the key driver in event and gift/prize related projects and solutions for the business.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise a changing workload within a fast-paced environment where deadlines can be short and workload high. The role reports into the Head of VIP.
A FLAVOR OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Develop and own the strategy and best practice for all Betsson Group event, gifts & VIP related activities
- Ownership of requesting supplier quotations as well as facilitating bookings with suppliers on behalf of budget owners for all event and gift related needs, on a Global scale
- Support the Head of VIP in the management and follow-up on key initiatives and projects relating to events, gifts and prizes (prize shop, dashboards, reporting)
Supporting poker events management and projects
- Work with Head of VIP and stakeholders across various commercial teams to understand and scope relevant requirements, and then work closely with the stakeholder teams to prioritise the initiatives and drive implementation
- Challenges and promotes cost consciousness within the marketing and commercial departments
- Ensure all events have a clear and trackable ROI before commencing
- Supports and trains departments on best practice & policy
- Identify cost saving opportunities (through spend analysis, leveraging existing assets and supplier negotiation)
- Monitor, analyse and follow up on monthly costs related to events and gifts & complete quarterly and mid-year forecast for event related costs in partnership with all responsible department managers and team members
- Responsible for managing ‘operational / day to day’ relationships with suppliers, identifying opportunities to form long lasting partnerships and negotiating competitive rates in collaboration with Procurement
- Work with central and regional owners to ensure that the business is fully leveraging partnerships/assets
- Manage the Event Registration System (JIRA) for events, gifts and vouchers
- Develop and implement methods and tracking systems to increase efficiency and decrease costs related to events
- Help build strong central processes and identify improvement areas to streamline the way we work
- Create and implement department wide projects, processes, and report templates
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 3-5 years online gaming experience essential; ideally gained within a similar role
Someone with experience in poker events management
- Experience in event operations preferred
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong negotiation skills, analytical and numbers driven
- Open and responsive problem-solving skills
- Spoken and written English at a fluent level is essential, any other language is a plus
- Thorough commercial understanding and ability to plan and forecast demand
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, economics, finance or business administration preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.