- Product Development
Site Reliability Engineer
Are you a young, newly trained DevOps Engineer eager to jump in a world of complex challenges? We are forming a team of rapid response to resolve business impacting technical incidents and to shore up processes and build automation to reduce or mitigate downtime.
Our Product Development organisation is truly Global with cross functional teams spanning 6 Tech Hubs – Malta, Budapest, Stockholm, Tallinn, Kyiv and Athens. With nearly 600 strong professionals, the Product Development organisation is spear-headed by our CTO-CPO with all our talented Area Teams working together.
What’s in it for you?
- Being the first point of technical escalation of issues within our infrastructure both in cloud and on-prem.
- Participating in stand-ups with the development teams and informing your squad of updates and changes to our platform.
- Automating everything – Workflow and tool automation – such as deployments of distributed applications and infrastructure using various scripting languages to allow our 24/7 Incident Engineers to mitigate incidents without escalation.
- Able to analyse, diagnose and solve issues in the production environment with minimal number of escalations to supporting 3rd Level support teams.
- Participate in Change Management process via review of RFC’s to ensure “Definition of Done” as well as executing and supporting software and hardware deployments.
- Developing and Documenting ways-of-working between the LiveOps(NOC) Team and the development teams to improve efficiencies in diagnostics and impact mitigation.
You’re good at
Supporting and troubleshooting. Using most, but not limited to the following:
- Automation and configuration management tools (Octopus, Team City, Terraform)
- AWS Cloud infrastructure, CDNs, and other various systems running in multiple data centres and environments
- Cloud Application Load Balancer, preferably with experience on AWS ALB
- Cloud DNS support such as AWS Route 53, GCP Cloud DNS, or Azure DNS
- Serverless Computing such as AWS Lambda
- Cloud Firewall such as AWS WAF
- Server virtualisation such as VMware, IaaS and PaaS cloud such as AWS and Azure
- Open-source monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Loki, Grafana and Jaeger)
- Scripting in Python, Bash, Powershell or others
- Microsoft SQL databases via Stored Procedures, Locking/Unlocking tables and running select statements to assess impact and diagnose problems
- Ideally you will have a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, technical degree beneficial
- Aws Cloud practitioner or equivalent would be beneficial.
You will be working on 24/7 shift basis with opportunity for remote working on limited basis.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
Click here to find out more on who we are looking for
Please fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with relevant information.